Monday, November 7, 2016
Freshman Research Conference
The Freshman Research Conference gave a better understanding of what the other two sections in our pod are working on. I did not even know that the two other sections were about altruism and the brain, specifically cognitive learning. I thought both the sections were interesting and related to happiness in a certain way. I believe that each of the sections had presenters that were prepared and most gave a large amount of background information on what they have been learning in their class. As an audience member, I had to be courteous and pay attention to each presenter, take notes, and participate in asking questions. Because I had to take notes, I prefer to have a powerpoint presentation instead of a poster board. Powerpoints are easier to read and more visually appealing. However, I understand how the poster boards were helpful. When I had to visit the library to visit the other pods, the poster boards they created gave me some insight on what they were learning. I enjoyed the Freshman Research Conference and hope that there may be another way to learn about the other pods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment