Wednesday, September 28, 2016

It Could Have Worked

Next time I offer my assistance, it should be within my capabilities.

The goal for last weekend was to apply my signature strength, teamwork, to the task of building the set for NDNU’s play, The Amateurs. While I had the enthusiasm to test it,  it was difficult to apply it. I felt ill that day and more people decided to volunteer. Most jobs were taken by the time I arrived at the theatre. I was left with being in charge of organizing props that were brought down by the director. However, it only took me a short amount of time. Trying to be a part of actual construction, I inserted myself into the process. Unfortunately, it did not go as well as I hoped it would. I ended up holding set pieces together and delivering tools. The worst part was that I did not know what the tools were called; I was thoroughly embarrassed. Eventually, I just presented myself as if I were doing something, but I knew I was not.

Reflecting on this, I realized that I could have had a better experimental experience if I was not sick and had knowledge of how to build and the tools to use. However, I do believe that I succeeded in testing my teamwork strength, even if it was not fully completed. Though I was not as useful as I was hoping to be, I was still apart of the crew and I did the share of the work that was given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment