Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The Best Of Each Day

Sept. 1~ completed my first audition
Sept. 2~ had the dorm to myself
Sept. 3~ danced around my room
Sept. 4~ beat my friend three times at Call of Duty
Sept. 5~ went to Half Moon Bay
Sept. 6~ finished homework early
Sept. 7~ finally got Theatre textbook
Sept. 8~ watched Disney's Mulan
Sept. 9~ went back home to see family and friends
Sept. 10~ got closure
Sept. 11~ spent time with both my parents
Sept. 12~ old friend messaged me
Sept. 13~ got invited to go camping with old co-workers
Sept. 14~ took a nap
Sept. 15~ rehearsals ended early
Sept. 16~ talked to my dad on the phone
Sept. 17~ went to the city with my roommate
Sept. 18~ finally worked out
Sept. 19~ found out homework had a later due date
Sept. 20~  ate a doughnut
Sept. 21~ classes ended early
Sept. 22~ ordered pizza
Sept. 23~ friend called me to tell her about her job acceptance
Sept. 24~ went to a party with friends
Sept. 25~ helped build the set to NDNU’s The Amateurs
Sept. 26~ got slapped by a piece of turkey
Sept. 27~ mom sent me new face wash
Sept. 28~ bought brownies
Sept. 29~ cleaned my dorm
Sept. 30~ kickback with friends

Friday, the ninth, was my favorite day of September but it was not because I went on some crazy adventure.

Beginning that morning, my mother came to pick me up from school and surprised me with a gift. She had bought me a vacuum for my dorm. On the drive home, my mother and I sang along to songs from the sixties and eighties. It was a great time. After spending two hours with her, I finally went over to my father’s house. He was busy preparing my grandmother’s house to be painted, but just our small interactions made him happy, which in turn made me happy.

During the night, I went over to my one of my best friend's house where she was having a gathering for me. I was able to hangout with all of my old coworkers and friends and catch up on their lives. Though all we did was sit outside in her backyard and talk, it filled me with joy to be with the people I consider my “second family”.

I do not need a huge, adventurous trip to have an amazing day. Just being with my family and friends is all I really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment